My Halloween Costume: 1.21 Gigawatts!

      Ahhh! I’ve been waiting for a very long time to publish this post!

    Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I have a list on my phones of enough Halloween costume ideas to last me a decade. Around January, I make a decision on what costume(s) I will use for that year (yes, some years I take advantage of the Halloween weekend). Around summer, I’m stressing about collecting items for my outfit. I don’t really like going to Hot Topic and buying something in a bag. I like to shop around at thrift stores and put together my own costume. I go all out too. If I need to dye my hair, I begin to plan a trip to the salon around late September, early October. 

     Last year I was Ms. Robinson from The Graduate, the year before I was Charlie Chaplin, and before that I dressed as Cheech from Cheech and Chong. My favorite costume was dressing up as a  Alex from A Clockwork Orange. Worst? Cavewoman that went around saying "So easy a caveman can do me." Hey, it was college. Some years I will sluttify my costume, other years I’m surprised when I get hit on with a mustache and baggy pants.

     This year, I’ve decided to be (*squeal, squeal*) Marty McFly from Back to the Future! Ahhh!



     Blame it on my mother for making me fall in love with great old-school Sci-Fi films like The Fifth Element and Looper. Okay, Looper isn’t old-school yet but it’s one of those underrated, to-be sci-fi classics (can I get a hell ya?!). Even though I was raised on Doc and McFly, I still get something new out of the movie every time I watch it. I’ve tried to convince someone to be Doc with me, but no one is down to buy a crazy white wig. This is the first time I wish I had a twin as crazy as me. It’s probably better for the sake of humanity that there is only one of me… and hopefully only one McFly on All Hallow's Wve!

     You better believe I already have my whole costume ready! It’s sitting there in the corner of my room. I’m scared to get the shoes dirty, but I’ve already modeled it in front of the mirror. Don’t judge. Some people are crazy about Christmas, think they deserve time off 'n shit, and I don’t get why. Halloween is my holiday!

     Here is a variation of pretty much what I'll be wearing to give my own spin on McFly and the epic movie with the DeLorean. Happy Halloween Month!  





Vintage Denim Jacket
$428


Duvetica Down Red Vest
$455


Steve Madden Wedge Sneakers
$109


Flux Capacitor iPhone Decal
$1.99


Fitted Shirt
$19.95


Casio Men's Calculator Watch
$14.99


Lela Ice Wash High Rise Skinny Jeans
$50


Aviator Sunglasses
$165


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.